Thursday, August 05, 2010

Trip to China (Part 3)

At the visit to the Shanghai EXPO, I saw many amazing structures of which 3 had made a big impression.The structures India pavilion, Theme pavilion, and the Preforming Arts Center stood out to me due to their technology, size, and height.

In front of the Indian pavilion was a line that would take 3 hours. As the rain poured down on me and my cousin, our only choice was to wait in line under the tents. Besides, the other lines were even longer. At this time, my dad was with grandma waiting in line for the Korean Pavilion. Their line was even longer, taking over 8 hours. After a long wait, I was finally inside the India pavilion. Inside, there was a circle or shops and restaurants. There was also a show in the middle. We didn't watch the show for long, but we looked around most of the shops. Passing on part 1 of the India pavilion, we got to part 2. There, we watched a 3-D movie where the images were projected from all sides to make it look realistic. The movie talked about the balance of the universe as the walls informed people of life in India.

Me and my family also visited the Theme pavilion where it explained about people from different cultures. The line was short for the building was enormous. The entrance looked cool. It was dark with blue glowing lights. Inside, there were movie as well as amazing lighting. It talked about the Chinese, American, Indian, and Negro races. It gave examples of families as to what they eat, where they work, what the homes look like and what sort of names they had. Movies were playing all around showing live in the countries. This pavilion was favored mainly by design.

Most importantly, the Performing Arts Center stood out to me the most. It was tall and had an amazing view of the river close by. It's flat shape looked like a spaceship too. Inside were plays and shows of dancing and singing. The voices were astonishing in the echo of the large rooms. I got the shivers too. The dances were beautiful with over 100 lights. The dancers had creative costumes and moves. I watched the show with my dad, my cousin, and my second cousin. It was hard getting the tickets because the booth was nowhere to be found and our tickets were almost lost.

Overall, the visit opened my eyes to the world and what mankind can possibly do. I still have questions like "How would the China pavilion still be standing if it is in the shape of an upside down pyramid?" Despite the questions, I saw innovation in technology and talent.

No comments: