Friday, June 18, 2010

Darren's Birthday

On Friday June 11, I went to my friend Darren Mock's birthday. The party was one day after summer vacation ended giving time for a party. It was a two part day: Dave and Busters, the movies. Darren picked me up from my house at 11:00 to get to a fun diner and arcade called Dave and Busters.

We started the day by eating lunch. Darren and his mom had invited me, his aunt, and Adora with her little sister. Preposterously, it was both Darren AND his aunt's birthday. I had never seen such a coinencidence. For lunch, I ordered a hamberger with french fries.I finished the hamberger quick, hoping we would get to the arcade right away, but I thought it would be more polite to wait until everyone had finished their lunch. After around 20 minutes, everyone had finished eating. Darren and I first played a drop claw game to win jewery and I got a necklace on my first try. Darren was amazed, so he tried at least 20 times, his chances still bleak. Finally, I decided to help him. With my lead, he was able to win a watch in one try. Well, if you know Darren, he just loves shooting games. Soon enough, we were killing zombies with rifles. What really enthralled me was that Darren won 150 prize tickets with one push of a game wheel! Tickets at Dave and Busters can be exchanged for prizes. Knowing Darren too well, he got lots of candy.

When we spent all our game credits, we got to watch the newest movie, The Karate Kid. I knew the main story from TV comercials, but watching it in the theater was amazing. The movie was about a black kid who lives in China. He gets bullied  by another student, however saved by a janitor. The negro is taught real Kung-Fu to face his enemies in the Dragon Tournement. He starts out loosing the tourney, but wins using the legendary cobra moves he picked up watching a master. I enjoyed the burning passion and interpid heart of the karate kid while Darren enjoyed the thrilling action and adventures. The music really helped with the booming experience.

Conclusively, Darren had a thrilling party.

1 comment:

Super Darren said...

aww thnx for writing about me