Saturday, December 27, 2008

Las Vegas

What comes to mind when you think of snow, shows, buildings, and bright lights in a dark night? Christmas? New York? A story? Or maybe even a dream? When I think of those things, I think of living in a high hotel, looking at the silent night of flashing lights with snow slowly coming before my eyes. All those thoughts lead to one place : Las Vegas.

This Christmas, I went to Las Vegas with my family for vacation. It was a pretty exciting adventure with both pros and cons. To go on the trip, I had to be really patient. It took 8 hours of driving just to get there. Imagine all that can be done during that amount of time. You can play video games, play cards, eat two full course meals, and even play three whole games of Monopoly! It was soooooooooooooo boring sitting in the car; sitting there, looking at the symmetrical Mojave dessert. I had to be patient again when this guy from a company dragged me and my family to talk and to try to persuade us to buy something. While a guy talked to my parents for four hours, I sat there with my grandma doing nothing. I wonder how I got through waiting that long. Even though that business guy wasted lots of our time, we got tickets to the shark reef aquarium after the long conversation. For some strange reason, the aquarium had animals from the jungle. The aquarium was mysterious with fish swimming all around us. Actually, it was kind of cool walking through the aquarium tunnel. At the end of the expedition, I even got a picture with Santa Jaws; the picture was printed strait from a special camera immediately! It was the first time I saw that weird looking camera.

The trip was tiring too. I had to walk all the way down the strip (Las Vegas Blvd.) and back. It was so tiring that I would rather do my homework (of course I didn't have any homework)! That was something I never thought I'd say. But it was about 100 miles (just kidding)! Would you walk that long or do something else? (Please answer by clicking here.) Just driving that long would take about two hours. It was even more tiring for me to my misleading guide (my mom). She leads us to wrong places and makes us go in circles. The worst part is that she is always at the end! We all have to slow down to wait for her. With my mom around, we walk in a total of about 300 miles, (that's really what it feels like) 1 mph. However, the good part is that we got to see lots of unexpected sights such as the new flaming volcano, the V Variety show, and saw the business guy that gave us tickets to the shark reef aquarium.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would play some games with my grandma using my hands.

Anonymous said...

What was your favourite part of the trip?

Alina said...

Uh... interesting blog, royce....
Of course I'd do something else!
Unless I was walking with my friends. And had cheese fries. And VitaminWater. That changes everything.

kat