Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trip to China (Part 1)

Bad Luck At Shanghai EXPO

 During the middle of summer break, I went to China with my dad to visit my relatives and to see the EXPO in Shanghai. The 2010 EXPO is the viewing of architecture from different countries. My cousin, 陈佳飞, didn't like going to the EXPO so much. We visited upper city Shanghai a total of three times, all of which gave bad luck for him.

The first two visits were to the EXPO and the other visit was to the Shanghai museum. During the first visit to the EXPO...

Behind the scene (story):   We weren't able to catch the last bus for the ride home from the EXPO. And ended up having to spend the night at a hotel. Here are a few reasons why:
  • I wanted to go to a bus going to the right side of the street so we were going and waited in line for 20 to 30 minutes. When were finally about to get on the bus, my Dad had to say we are going to wrong way. I kept on telling him that this is the correct bus and everyone agreed. He was the only one who disagreed. He wouldn't get on the bus and told everyone to get off. Seeing that getting separated would only cause more trouble, I had to follow him off the bus. You can probably guess the rest of the story. He led us the wrong way wasting lots of time and got us late for the ride home.
  • My cousin went to the restroom and got lost.
  • My big cousin wanted to look at more places when we were already late on schedule.
 With the second visit to the EXPO, everything went great until after dinner. During the day, we even got to see an amazing stage show. But after dinner came mistakes and carelessness. Visiting the EXPO was tiring and having a full stomach didn't make it much better. In minutes, everyone was watching another performance. In a state of relaxation, 陈佳飞 left his camera somewhere. However, we found that out when we got home. Finding his camera was hopeless. Yet another loss for him.

 During the visit to the Shanghai Science Museum, was bad luck because my cousin wasted $30. This was also due to carelessness. The day was also fine until the end. 陈佳飞, me and my dad were riding the bus home when 陈佳飞 thought he saw my dad leaving the bus and got off. I also followed him. Later, it turned out to be some person that looks like me dad. 陈佳飞 and I had to pay $30 for the taxi ride home.

Although the sights were astonishingly beautiful, the experience wouldn't have been a good one for my cousin for he was the most unfortunate. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, some interesting things happen in China.